|baby maybe someday|
Name: Elizabeth. Most people end up calling me Liz at some point, so you can too.
Previous Dwellings: I resided over here for about a year and a half before I decided that it was time to move on in the world.
Age: A ripe old 24 years. I am a Libra, which means my birthday is October. Which is the best month for birthdays, in my opinion.
Location: Well, see, I originally started this diary when I first moved to Austin in January of 2003, hence the name "AustinLiz." But hark, I have since moved back to Dallas. So technically, I should be "DallasLiz" but that doesn't really have the same ring to it. So let's just pretend, shall we?
How the hell did I end up here? The short story:
I have wanted to live in Austin ever since my brother moved here to go to UT 11 years ago. The first time I saw the place, I fell in love with it. It totally appealed to my inner rock star, my inner rebel, my inner bohemian. I dreamed about living here someday. I told my mom that if I ever got divorced (I was never married, I just thought that would be a good time. I'm weird.), I was moving to Austin.
Well, fast forward 10 years later. I'm 23 years old. I have just graduated from the University of North Texas with a journalism degree. I have just been dumped by the boyfriend I was with for 5 years. I had no place to live as I was living in a dorm and they tend to want you out of there after you graduate. I had no attachments, really. So I just decided that I was going to move to Austin.
Everyone warned me, "You should look for a job before you get there!" I just brushed it off, thinking it would be easy to get a job here. Hah!
I won't go into explicit detail about the job situation, but here are the things I'm apparently not very good at:
1. Delivering deli food.
2. Being an office bitch, AKA receptionist.
3. Giving a shit about people's problems with their motor vehicles made by General Motors.
4. Making burritos. Well, I am actually pretty decent at making burritos, but unfortunately I was one of the last people hired at a new store that really wasn't doing so well, so out I go. I didn't get fired. It was more like "laid off." On the same day I was going to quit, anyway. So that's fun.
So here I am again. Looking for another job. Yay. I am actually currently employed at my dad's office, which is good because it's a very laidback environment and I dig the people. It's bad because I'm just a secretary and it doesn't give me any real world experience. So, the job search continues.
As far as the getting dumped thing goes, here's the short version of that story: I got dumped. I got really really sad. December 23rd, 2002 is the worst day of my life as I realize that he has another girlfriend, and it's the girl that he has lusted after for years. That was the day I knew it was really over and that everything was real.
I move to Austin, I'm severely lonely. I miss him, I can't breath without him, all those other cliches. Everyone says, "Get over him! Move on! Date other people!" But I don't. Because I stubbornly think that he'll come back.
And he does. 7 months later, he does. Of course, it took being cheated on and dumped for him to do that, but he's back. And I am happy. Of course, the whole long distance relationship thing (he lived 200 miles away) was a bit of an inconvienience, but we got through it.
Now that I'm back in Dallas, it's going rather slowly, but I don't expect the slowness to last. We're just not used to being within 15 minutes of each other quite yet. It's not a very smooth progression, but it still counts. We're still in each other's lives and it'll take a strong force to remove that. I think.
So after all that, I move back to Dallas. I loved Austin, but we weren't meant to be. The traffic sucks there. There were no jobs. And I always knew, in the back of my mind, that I wanted to end up in Dallas. So I'm back. No plans to move again. I'm here in a two-bedroom apartment in North Dallas, where I grew up, with a roomate and a dog, and so far its working out well.
Hey, fun times.
Some facts about me:
- I fancy myself a writer.
- I love love love doggies to the point of almost obsession.
- I have a deep love for Axl Rose that goes back almost 12 years. I saw him live in concert on New Years Eve in 2001, and it is in the top 5 greatest nights of my life. I have to admit a great love for Hair Metal bands of the late 80's. Sebastian Bach is one of the sexiest men ALIVE! MUAHAHAH!
- On the same note, I am fiercely loyal to my obsessions of the past. My obsessions never really go away, they just kinda live in my heart forever. That is important to know about me.
- My favorite TV show has been and might always will be My So Called Life. Claire Danes was me. I was Claire Danes. Yes siree.
- Other TV shows I enjoy include Friends, CSI, The Apprentice, Law and Order: SVU, CSI Miami, The West Wing, Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, the Amazing Race, Sex and the City, Six Feet Under, etc. Retro shows I enjoyed includes Just Say Julie, Remote Control, the Golden Girls, Just the Ten of Us, You Can't Do that on Television, and Murphy Brown. Most of the shows I really get into involve people being really good at their jobs.
- I heart Johnny Depp. Also, Tom Hanks.
- My all time favorite movie is Pulp Fiction. Others include Bridget Jones Diary, Cold Mountain, Jerry Maguire, Twister, Pump Up the Volume, When Harry Met Sally, Adventures in Babysitting, Beaches, etc. I LOVE director's commentary on DVD's. I will rent a DVD just for the commentary. I have done it many times before. I also love previews before movies. Sometimes I'm dissapointed that the movie is actually starting because I wanted more previews.
- Other random notes: My favorite nail polish color is Vixen. I watch alot of MTV. I've only had sex with two people, and both had intials of JW. My boyfriend is a virgin. My bra size is 38D. I've never taken drugs except for one failed pot smoking attempt when I was 19. My favorite kind of bottled water used to be Deja Blue, but now it's Dasani. I do love me some Dr. Pepper, but I have lately found that I'm dangerously addicted and sometimes I even have weird cravings for it. I prefer small movie theaters to big, probably because I worked in a small one for 8 months.
I also take too long at the water fountain if someone else is behind me. At the mall, I once stole a book, read it while I ate lunch at McDonalds, and then snuck it back into the bookstore when I was finished with it. Sort of like a library, but not. I went through a big klepto stage when I was 13, but once I was caught (nothing happened, they just told me never to come back in that store again) I never did it again.
I love rain, and I really don't like sunny days. I love that there's still fierce passion involved with me and my boy after a break-up, a long distance relationship, Another Woman, and almost 7 years. I love making chocolate chip cookies. I have a weight issue. I have a 1997 Toyota Rav 4 that is turning into a piece of shit before my very eyes. My favorite bad work is Fuck, but I really only say that when I'm angry. I've had AOL for almost 7 years now, and yes, I am ashamed of that.
My top five concerts I've been to goes a little something like this: Guns N Roses, Velvet Revolver, Coldplay, Bette Midler, and Tom Petty. At the Velvet Revolver concert, I was in the front row and touched the shoes of Duff McKagen, Slash, Scott Weiland, and Dave Kushner. I also got sweat on by most of those people, as well. It was pure greatness.
I have a tendency to be rude sometimes. I also talk too loud when it's not appropriate. But hey, what can you do?
I am a procrastinator. I am loyal, I love dogs, I love Guns N Roses, I have a messy room, I don't socialize very well. I eat too much, I enjoy margaritas, I'm not a very good driver.
I love my mommy. She is one of my best friends. My dad is cool, most of the time, but yeah.
I can write, sometimes I can sing, I have nice hair, and most of the friends I have right now are those who I can go weeks or even months without talking to and then pick right back up again. I like roadtrips, and I like confrontations. I like horseracing and lottery tickets. I have gambling addiction in my blood. I have a love for Las Vegas that refuses to go away. I like wearing boots and listening to the Ticket. I like the Dallas Mavericks, especially Dirk and Steve Nash.
I think you get the jist of it. Here for you now is a big gigantic list of bands and musicians that I can dig.
Guns N Roses, Velvet Revolver, Elton John, Evanesence, Audioslave, Coldplay, the White Stripes, Enigma, Beyonce, Justin Timberlake, Kottonmouth Kings, Tom Petty, Aerosmith, Blake Shelton, Bon Jovi, Smashing Pumpkins, STP, Dido, Skid Row, Eminem, Beethoven, Gershwin, Mozart, Sarah Mclachlan, Goo Goo Dolls, Poison, Billy Joel, Willie Nelson, Pink, The Cure, Limp Biskit, Bette Midler, Alan Jackson, Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Soundgarden, Alanis Morissette, Counting Crows, Pink Floyd, Ugly Kid Joe, Brooks and Dunn, Garth Brooks, Trisha Yearwood, Diamond Rio, Dixie Chicks, Hole, Jamie O'Neal, Jann Arden, Eva Cassidy, INXS, Metallica, Nine Inch Nails, Ministry, Public Enemy, Ice-T, Oasis, Phil Collins, Sting, Rolling Stones, Suzanne Vega, REM, Queen, Whitesnake, Hank Williams Jr., Kid Rock, Tim McGraw, and your mom.
Thank you, and have a nice day.
|newest · archives · profile · bio · notes · email · links · design · host · Mymichele · Lasvegasliz ·|
So be it! My last entry ever. - November 16, 2004
701 - October 17, 2004
Buh bye: An Austinliz thesis - October 03, 2004
war of the roses - October 01, 2004
fucking debate! - September 30, 2004